Child Protective Services (CPS)
In all sex crime cases allegedly committed against children by a parent, legal guardian, or person responsible for the well-being of the child, Child Protective Services, or CPS, will most likely be involved. So, not only will an individual be defending himself against criminal charges filed by the prosecutor, but will also have to defend against abuse and neglect charges in a different court filed by the Department of Human Services, or DHS. Abuse and neglect proceedings are handled in the Family Division of the Circuit Court in the county where the child or children reside. Unlike a criminal case where incarceration is a major concern, abuse and neglect cases involve possible termination of parental rights or curtailment of custodial rights. With a family's future at stake, it is critical to have a criminal defense firm that isn't afraid to confront abusive CPS officers who often overstep their authority. At Grabel & Associates our CPS attorneys are dedicated to protecting your parental rights and have an outstanding track record of success at keeping our clients' family together at home where they belong.
Child Protective Services Officers Play By Different Rules
CPS officers play by different rules and are not required to honor the constitutional protections that are guaranteed to those individuals accused of committing crimes as when traditional law enforcement officers are involved. In other words, CPS officers do not have to read an individual accused of a crime his or her "Miranda rights." To be sure, all CPS officers will advise law enforcement of any and all information gleaned from their investigation, including any information given by the accused during an interview. If you are contacted by a CPS officer, be polite but do not engage in any conversation without first speaking to a criminal defense attorney. In addition, a CPS agent can summarily remove children from the home if in their opinion the children's health, morals, or welfare are in danger. So the mere accusation of sexual impropriety can result in your family being broken up before anyone has even been to court much less been convicted of anything. With laws this perverse and unfair, our sex crimes attorneys understand you need the very best legal defense to protect your rights and fight hard for your family's future.
The lawyers at Grabel & Associates have represented many clients for which the original investigation began by CPS as an abuse and neglect case, the accused gave a statement not thinking about being charged by the prosecutor, and the case ended up being prosecuted as a sex crime case. Our attorneys are not only experienced in criminal cases, but also in abuse and neglect matters. The defense team at Grabel & Associates is committed to providing the most aggressive and effective defense to an individual's sex crime charges, which often include abuse and neglect charges by DHS.
The Firm's Attorneys Have Over 100 Years Combined Experience In Defending Individuals Accused Of Committing Sex Offenses In The State Of Michigan
The attorneys at Grabel & Associates have successfully defended clients in all state and federal courts located in the state of Michigan and who have been accused of committing the following offenses: all four degrees of criminal sexual conduct, Internet sex crimes, the possession of child pornography or child sexually abusive material, child molestation, statutory rape, indecent exposure, gross indecency, sex abuse, and the appeals of convictions of those charges. The decision to hire the right lawyer is critical as the potential loss of liberty, the possibility that an individual's children may be taken away for abuse and neglect, and the possibility of registration as a sex offender are always major considerations in the defense of sex crimes cases.
We Are Ready To Fight For Your Family's Future
If you, or someone you know, is being investigated for or charged with a sex crime and/or an abuse and neglect case anywhere in the state of Michigan, we strongly encourage you to contact the defense team at the law firm of Grabel & Associates for a free, confidential consultation.
The attorneys at Grabel & Associates defend clients in all 83 counties in Michigan.
- Child Protection Law in Michigan During Sex Crime Investigations in Michigan
- Reasons Why CPS Can Investigate You During a Sex Crime Investigation in Michigan
- Mandated Reporters - CPS - MDHHS During a Sex Crime Investigation in Michigan
- Suspected Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting - CPS – MDHHS During a Sex Crime Investigation in Michigan
- CPS Investigation Process During a Sex Crime Investigation in Michigan
- What to do if CPS is Investigating You During a Sex Crime Investigation in Michigan?
- Best Advice for Preparing for a CPS Investigation During a Sex Crime Investigation in Michigan
- Indicators of Child Abuse and Neglect During Sex Crime Investigation in Michigan
- How to Handle a CPS Officer at Your Door During a Sex Crime Investigation in Michigan
- CPS Lie Detector Test in Michigan During Sex Crime Cases
- What Is the Difference Between a CPS Investigation and Police Investigation During a Sex Offense Case in Michigan?
- Why Can CPS Remove My Child from My Home During a Sex Crime Investigation in Michigan?
- CPS Claims Abuse and Neglect During a Sex Crime Investigation in Michigan
- Attorney for Child Exploitation During a Sex Crime Investigation in Michigan
- Child Abandonment During a Sex Crime Case in Michigan
- CPS - Central Registry in Michigan - Sex Crimes
- Child Endangerment in Sex Crimes in Michigan
- CPS Process During a Sex Crime Case in Michigan
- Pretrial and Plea Proceedings of CPS Investigation During a Sex Crime Investigation in Michigan
- Preliminary Hearing of CPS Investigation During a Sex Crime Investigation in Michigan
- Dispositional Hearings of CPS Investigation (Initial and Review) During a Sex Crime Case in Michigan
- Adjudicatory Hearing During a Sex Crime Investigation in Michigan
- Child Left at Home Under Court Jurisdiction During a Sex Crime Investigation in Michigan
- Child Placement - Temporary and Permanently During Sex Crime Investigation in Michigan
- Temporary Removal of Child During a Sex Crime Investigation in Michigan
- Termination of Parental Rights for Sex Crime - Post Termination Review
- CPS Harassment Attorneys During a Sex Crime Investigation in Michigan
- CPS Caseworker Competency During Sex Crime Investigations in Michigan
- False Allegation by Child or Other Reporter During Sex Offenses in Michigan